Dis-Chem Pharmacies has Pharmacist Assistants Learnership opportunities at the Promenade and Canal Walk in the Western Cape. You will perform specified duties under the direct personal supervision of a pharmacist in dispensary.
Since 1978, Dis-Chem has been South Africa’s first choice in pharmacies, and no wonder, with our linked dispensaries, family clinics, comprehensive self-medication centres and so much more.
- Accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Counsel.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Keep abreast of changes in medical aid procedures and requirements for claims and dispensing.
- Assist in the sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the manufacturing of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and standard operating procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist in the distribution and control of stock of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Order medicine and scheduled substances up to and according to an instruction of a person authorised in terms of the Medicines Act to purchase or obtain such medicine or scheduled substance.
- The reading and preparation of a prescription, the selection, manipulation or compounding of the medicine, the labelling and supply of the medicine in an appropriate container following the interpretation and evaluation of the prescription by a pharmacist.
- Advise and assist patients at the dispensary, self-medication counter and front-shop.
- Process all paperwork necessary for the accurate submission of claims to medical aids.
- Correct errors on scripts rejected by medical aid.
- Ensure authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Maintain customer profiles on the system.
- Grade 12 Mathematical, Life Science and or Physical Science obtained at least an average of 50%
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Have good time management skills, be deadline driven, be able to deal with pressure and pay special attention to detail
- Have good computer and numerical skills
How to apply