The Department of Mineral Resources offers internship /experiential learning opportunities to South African youth who wish to apply in the field that are in line with the departmental core business listed below. The interns will receive a minimum stipend of R3 861 per month.
Successful candidates for Internship Programme will be appointed on a 12 months contract, from 01 September 2017 to 31 August 2018 / Experiential Learning for 18 months contract. The person appointed will be subject to a security clearance.
Applications are invited from N6/National Diploma/Degree/Postgraduate candidates in the following disciplines/fields of study:
Head Office DMR-INTERN-01
- Geology, Mining Engineering, Geographic Information System, LLB, Internal Auditing, Accounting/ Cost and Management Accounting, Logistics, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, HRD, Public Relations/Media Studies/Journalism/Communication, Community Development, Project Management, Environmental Science, Economics, Public Administration, Statistics, Operations Management / Management Services, Security Risk management, Social Science/ Policing (25 Positions)
Gauteng DMR- INTERN-02
- Development Studies, Mining Engineering/Geology (2 Positions)
- Geographic Information System (GIS), Development Studies (2 Positions)
- Development Studies, Geology (2 Positions)
Free State DMR-INTERN-05
- Social Science, Geology/Mine Survey (2 Positions)
Northern Cape DMR-INTERN-06
- LLB (2 Positions)
Eastern Cape DMR-INTERN-07
- LLB, Geology (2 Positions)
Western Cape DMR-INTERN-08
- Environmental Sciences, LLB (2 Positions)
North West DMR-INTERN-09
- Geology/Mine Surveying, Geographic Information System (GIS)/ Geometrics (2 Positions)
- Geometric, Public Management (2 Positions)
Head Office + Regional offices DMR-EXPL-11
- For Experiential Learning only N6: Office Administration/ Public Management/ Management Assistant (12 Positions)
- Unemployed South African Graduates with a tertiary qualification in one of the above-mentioned fields of study and who have not been previously employed under any internship programme are invited to apply.
- Applicants should not be above the age of 35 years.
Submit your certified latest documents quoting the reference number as stated above. Applications must be submitted on a fully completed Z83 form (download here) obtained from any Public Service Department, stating the field for which is applying (from the above list), reference number and province for placement, and attach a recent updated CV, as well as originally certified copies of matriculation certificate, qualification(s) certificate with academic transcripts (record), N6 certificate, 3 year qualification and above, and ID not longer than three months. Candidates wish to apply for internship/experiential learning outside their respective regions must be willing and able to find their own transportation and accommodation considering that they will not earn a salary, but only a stipend. Failure to submit the required documents, as well as application received after the closing date will result in the application not being considered.
Enquiries: Ms Nomvuyo Sam, tel: 012 444 3722 and Ms Rosina Manabile, tel: 012 444 3052.
Please forward your application to: The Director-General, Department: MINERAL RESOURCES, Private Bag X59, ARCADIA, 0007 OR hand deliver to Trevenna Campus, 70 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, PRETORIA, for attention of Ms Nomvuyo Sam
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to an interview to determine their suitability. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NOTE: Coloureds, Indians, Whites, and people with disability are encourage to apply