- Incomplete forms will be disregarded.
- Applicants who already have other sponsors will not be considered.
- Please ensure that you attach certified proof of your identity document and academic results. Do not send original documents. Current Matriculants must submit their Grade 11 final results (December results) and Grade 12 June results.
- Closing date for applications is 31st July 2017 and no late applications will be considered.
- Bursaries will only be awarded for the year following the one in which the application is received.
- Applicants applying for bursaries with less than an achievement level of 6 in Mathematics and Science will not be considered for Engineering. Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted for Core Disciplines.
- Please note that our bursary allocations are dependent on our companies’ future labour requirements, we do not always have bursaries for all disciplines. As the situation differs from year to year, we would advise you to re-apply the following year should you be regretted for this reason.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant must be attached to the top right-hand of the third page.
- Please fill in both your parent(s)/guardian(s) occupations so that we can evaluate your financial need level.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for admission to the institution of your choice and receive confirmation of acceptance before a bursary can be awarded. We recommend that you apply to at least more than one Tertiary Institution.
- If Harmony has not responded within 21 days after the closing date, consider your applications as unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. Should you qualify for a preliminary interview, it will take place at our Randfontein Offices situated in the Gauteng Province or Welkom Offices in the Free State Province.
- Please supply ALL information requested or give good reasons why you cannot provide it. Your application will be disregarded if you do not have university exemption with the minimum requirements as stipulated below:
Maths Rating Level: 5 or 60% Maths for Engineering Studies Rating Level: 6 or 70% Science Rating Level: 5 or 60% Science for Engineering Studies Rating Level: 6 or 70% English Rating Level: 5 or 60%
N.B. Any changes of address or contact details ONLY must be forwarded in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org