Netcare, the largest private hospital network in South Africa, is offering Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership opportunities in KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape. Pharmacist assistant learners work closely with a Pharmacist to ensure safe and appropriate medication management.
The Basic Pharmacist Assitant will learn the skills to enable them to be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team. The incumbent will also assist in the responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
Upon completion of Learnship successful candidates will be able to register with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Basic Pharmacist Assistant. The position comes with an allowance stipend.
- Dispensing of prescriptions in retail and hospital dispensary under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Picking and charging of ethical replenishments to the wards and theatre.
- Compounding of mixtures under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Unpacking of ethical stock orders under supervision of a Pharmacist (S1 – S5).
- Unpacking of credits and processing of patient credits.
- Checking and controlling expiry dates of medication in stock (S1 – S5) in designated areas.
- Assist in surgical store area.
- Preparation of stock books.
- Participation in stock take.
- Working allocated shifts after hours and over weekends
Applicants with the following are encouraged to apply:
- Grade 12 school leaves with Mathematics
- Biology/Life Sciences
- Exceptional communication skills, coupled with passion and enthusiasm for people.
How to apply