The Steve Tshwete Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for Fire Fighter Learnership position/s available within the emergency services department.
Ref No: 3255
Benefits offered: Contribution to Medical Aid, Pension Fund and Housing
- Grade 12
- A valid Code C1 driver’s license
- A valid PDP.
- Basic Ambulance Assistant
- Registered with the HPCSA and Fire Fighter I would be an added advantage.
- Report to Leading Fighters, assist with operational duties, maintenance, cleaning of station, fire & rescue vehicles and equipment.
- Perform daily inspections of fire & rescue vehicles and equipment.
- Attend occupational health and safety programs.
- Participate in fire prevention to ensure and maintain the safety of the community.
- Assist with complaints from members of the public.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the department.
- The appointment of a candidate is at the Steve Tshwete Local Councils’ sole discretion, taking into account all relevant legislation, council policies and procedures, notwithstanding our Employment Equity goals.
- The submission of an application gives Steve Tshwete Local Council the right to make inquiries necessary to obtain information regarding the applicant’s background. Such inquiry will include current and previous employers as well as academic institutions
- Applicants who have not been responded to within six weeks of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Steve Tshwete Local Council reserves the right not to make an appointment in any or all of the above vacancies, and correspondence will only be limited to short-listed candidates.
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form (download here) or by means of a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter, together with certified copies of qualifications or certificates and identity document to: Human Capital Management, P O Box 14, Middelburg, 1050. Further Enquiries: Tel: (013) 249 7335/7021. Contact Person: Nsovo Mateteswa
- Incomplete or incorrect information on an application form or CV form will disqualify an applicant.
- Only posted or hand delivered applications will be accepted. All applications must reach the Municipality by the closing date of 24 March 2017.